Awarded among the Top 10 Cellar Doors of Australia – Josef Chromy Wines is located just 15 mins from Launceston CBD and 10 mins from Launceston Airport.
The Josef Chromy Cellar Door Restaurant and Winery is located at Relbia, 10 minutes from the Launceston Airport and 15 minutes from Launceston CBD in northern Tasmania.
Josef Chromy Wines’ 61 hectare vineyard produces premium fruit that is carefully crafted in our on-site winery. Cellar door open 7 days – bookings essential. Restaurant (lunch only) open 7 days (Thurs-Mon May to Aug).
Josef Chromy Wines: Tour, Tasting and Lunch
At Josef Chromy Wines, a high-tech winery whose modern production facility sits amid a beautiful vineyard landscape near Launceston, enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour to learn how Tasmania’s cool-climate grapes are turned into varietals like pinot noir and sauvignon blanc. Stroll through the vineyard with a winery host and see some of the winemaking equipment before a wine-tasting session that includes both mature and young wines. Then enjoy a 2-course lunch with wine pairings in the tasting room, located in a renovated building that dates back to the 1880s. This tour does not include transportation.
• 2.5-hour winery tour, tasting and lunch at Josef Chromy
• Take a short walk in the vineyard to learn how grapes are cultivated
• Hear about the state-of-the-art technology used to bring out the flavours of cool-climate Tasmanian grapes
• Sample both young and mature wines at the tasting room
• Savour a 2-course lunch paired with wine Enjoy the professionalism and knowledge of the winery’s friendly staff
• Take in views of the vineyards, lake and gardens surrounding the winery