Moorilla is a winery with a museum attached. Moorilla’s owner, David Walsh, is also creator of Mona. Moorilla creates small-batch, cool-climate wines with new-world fruit and old-world complexity, showcasing the terroir of its two vineyards.
We produce cool-climate wines. The fruit is grown in our Tamar and Derwent Valley vineyards. Winery, vineyard, and cellar door on the site of MONA – the Museum of Old and New Art.
Moorilla Wine Meets Mona Art Day Trip
Spend the day at Moorilla Estate for a unique Tasmanian winery experience that includes world-class art. You’ll start with a ferry ride and admission to Mona (the Museum of Old and New Art), known as much for its underground labyrinth-like architecture as for its art collection. Then enjoy a seasonal lunch, followed by a tasting and behind-the-scenes tour at Moorilla Estate, which continues to make ‘best of’ lists since it opened in 2011.
• Moorilla Estate winery tour and tasting with admission to Mona and round-trip ferry from Hobart
• Discover the architectural wonder that was built underground to house Mona (Museum of Old and New Art)
• Hear commentary from the ferry captain during the ride to the winery, and check out the onboard sculpture collection
Moorilla Estate’s Posh-As Day Out Tour
Hobart’s Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) is a must-visit attraction in the Tasmanian capital, but to enjoy a day here to the fullest, join this tour. You’ll sail to MONA in the “Posh Pit” area of the ferry, where you’ll have access to complimentary wine, beer, canapes, and a private deck. Tour MONA independently, then progress to a guided tour of Moorilla Estate vineyard followed by lunch with paired wines. Very fancy.
• Museum entry and return ferry travel are included
• Get wine samples, a complimentary bottle of wine, and lunch at no extra cost
• A fun day out to enjoy with friends or your partner
Public Transit MONA ROMA FAST FERRY 30 minutes from the MONA Brooke St ferry terminal (Hobart) $20 return per person OR $50 return for a Posh Pit ticket, available from Friday 8 March, which will give you access to our exclusive lounge, bar and private deck – complete with über comfy seating, table service, and complimentary canapés, pastries and beverages. Posh as. Bookings 03 6223 6064 or online https://mona.net.au/visit/book-your-transport